FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Executive AA MasterCard [October 2013 - September 2014]
Old Feb 8, 2014, 10:40 am
KennyBSAT

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by pricesquire
On your non-critical aside: I agree. I never confirm bonuses w/ CSRs unless I want a match or have a specific issue/question...which is quite rare. I think I've contacted a CSR for a bonus once in the past 1+ year. I always figured mentioning a bonus raises a red flag and to let the computer do its thing.

On another note: It would be like buying 10k miles for $330...the AF (-) the statement credit (+) the VR spend. Over 3 cents a mile. I'll live, but it'll still kinda suck.

Kenny: any thoughts on whether a CSR can negate an automated//computer-initiated bonus? Why would she go into reading the TCs and mention non-eligibility?
See post #75. You should definitely be able to cancel and not pay the fee if you do not get the bonus.

I wish I had a good answer on what the CSR can do. Based on the nonsense Citi CSRs are known for, I think your chances of getting the bonus are very good. I seem to remember a similar conversation from one poster in the AA Platinum thread during the AA miles buffet from June to August, but I haven't been able to put my finger on it.