FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Executive AA MasterCard [October 2013 - September 2014]
Old Feb 7, 2014, 2:49 pm
sk8uno

Originally Posted by yogesh4342
After reading that we can churn it, I have re-applied this card (1st I applied on 1/29, approved) today. I got following message which does not even have an application number.
"Thank you xxxxx xxxxx. We have received your application and further processing is required at this time. We will contact you within a week via email regarding our decision. Thank you for requesting a Citi Executive® / AAdvantage® World EliteTM MasterCard®. "

Please let me know if you got the same message for your card #2. Also, which number you called for reconsideration. TIA

Edit - I called 2961. They denied due to "high number of inquiries in last 6 months". I have more than 10 inquiries in last 6 months. However not sure than how they approve my executive card # 1 as it was the same situation during the card # 1 too. Should I try another representative, will it help? or result will be same?
I get this message on every Citi application I submit, but I still get approved after calling in.

If you are denied for too many inquiries, the best approach seems to be a written letter to the executive department. For this kind of denial, I haven't seen many reports of success by calling the reconsideration line (of course, it won't hurt to try again).