FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2014)
Old Feb 7, 2014, 1:00 am
uk1
Suspended

IC Singapore

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

I don't write repeat reports but this stay was exceptional. It was perfect. Absolutely perfect.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Business Room to Clubhouse Shop suite

How are the rooms?

Excellent

How is the exec. lounge?

Excellent. Jana is a great Club Lounge Manager and anticipates what you need and does everything to ensure your stay is happy. Food and nibbles are repetitive but the happy hour free flow drinks compensates. There are now no cashews in the nut bowls. It was lovely to return during the day for English Breakfast tea after a walk out but at times it can get a bit noisy with idiots shouting at each other, or into their phone or skyping whilst walking around. I also wish that some men realise that it isn't natural or considerate to immerse yourself in odd fragrances and smell of a bordello and spread and share that terrible overpowering stench with a few dozen other people who do not wish to enjoy it. Chidren can also get a bit noisy at times when parents fail to control them

Did you receive a welcome gift?

Chopsticks - we now have a drawer full.

How was the minibar?

Excellent. Filled to our choices and preferences pre-arrival from notes they keep from previous visits. We really used the mini-bar sometimes in preference for Cocktail Hours in the lounge and all items were removed from the bill without us ever seeing them. We will miss it when we drop out of RA.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good

We stayed for a leisure trip of three weeks and it was a perfect stay. Staff and management were generous and hospitable. For example I hate crowded breakfasts which was inevitable over CNY and management know it makes me grumpy. We were comped room service breakfast for a few days over CNY just like IC Viennna.

We were unexpectedly comped two Sunday Champagne Brunches for my wife and I (normally S$158 each ....) and the food was perfect. Lobster, oysters, crab and other seafood plus all the Sunday lunch normals but also Veuve Clicquot Champagne (and not your cheaper stuff with the napkin cleverly over the label stuff) was on generous free-flow and to be honest we drank too much and suffered the terrible consequences.

One morning the broadband was down. I hadn't complained in anyway, just asked whether "it was me" or the hotel, but a bottle of wine and choccies were sent with a note of apology. They noticed we hadn't been in the lounge for a few nights and so they sent a bottle of champagne and some wine to our suite with nibbles as "we'd missed out". Having a couple of items laundered free per day also made the longer stay easier. The stay was highly customised from their notes ie our preferred suite; garden furniture in the garden; suite serviced at the same time each day; mini-bar set up exactly as we like it. etc etc. Fruitwas changed dailywithout asking ..... the wife's partiality to fresh bananas remembered from their notes from previous visits and replaced daily if unused. Flowers and clearly extra flowers were being placed in the suite were changed daily. Bedlinen changed daily automatically without us asking.

I used a personal router in the suite rather than wifi and this increased speed from around 8 mbps to around 40 mbps making our TV streaming from the UK from our slingboxes perfect. HDMI wall connectors shot the picture straight to flat screen TV.

This is genuinely our "second home" in Singapore.

-Bad

Nothing at all other than leaving to come home ... we could have stayed longer.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?

Excellent

Would you return?

Are you joking!

We have stayed around 50 nights over three visits over the last year and plan around 40 over the next. All are non-qualifying with no points or nights earned even though we spend a packet ....

*** Please note that the upgrade and other facilities provided were not obligatory and RAs should not expect them. It does however indicate how they can look after loyal long-term long-stay customers. I state this because some people when making demands aggressively and badgering hotels to provide over and above their entitlement makes life worst for us all and results in inhibiting people posting to inform.

Last edited by uk1; Feb 7, 2014 at 1:19 am