FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)
Old Feb 5, 2014, 11:45 pm
Brugge

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by umc
Both my spouse and I were offered $95 credit statement when we called to cancel our AA Visa and AA Amex. We keep both. Which Mastercard version do you plan to apply for? Unless you plan to apply for the Business version, I don't think Citi will approve your application for another personal AA card. I assume that it has not been more than 18 months since your last AA card approval. You may want to read the wiki again to avoid a wasted pull.
My spouse and I each got 2 AA ccs with the 2BM Nov 2012. We called Nov 2013 to cancel them. Citi offered us a $95 statement credit on each of them (same call, they wanted us to keep both of the cards}. Plus double miles for spend up to $1K per billing cycle for the next 16 months. Why cancel when they pay you $10 per cc to keep it open, and give you 2X miles per $ if you choose to spend on it.

Dear Moderator: Yes, I know there is a separate thread on AF offers, but this is about THIS card, and not everyone wants to search out that thread and read hundreds of posts hoping to find info about offers for this card. I promise not to go on and on about this.....