FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EVA Air: pls post your award ticket/upgrade experience here
Old Feb 5, 2014, 1:03 am
artieb78

Programs: UA1K, VXgold
Here's my story:

My B ticket wouldn't upgrade, so I cancelled and purchased a Y ticket via travel agent (EVA website could not book Y, and when I called EVA they recommended I book through a travel agent and not directly through them - not sure why).

However, the Y ticket also would not upgrade on UA website even though ANA and UA were still showing business award availability.

I ended up calling UA several times and spoke to several different agents. They escalated it to a *A liaison for UA-EVA. I was supposed to check back "in a few days" and try again.

In the meantime, I went ahead and put in a UA Web Support request since I was convinced this was a technical issue and the upgrade award was in fact available. I even spoke with EVA and they confirmed over the phone that it was available. I included that tid-bit in the Web Support request.

About 30 minutes after the Web Support request, my flight was magically upgraded when I looked it up on EVA website! I'm not sure which channel of support got it to work: (a) calling UA and having the "liaison" figure it out, or (b) the Web Support request.

Although I am very happy that after all this time and effort it finally went through, I am still going to follow up and see HOW it actually happened because i would like to upgrade the return portion of my flight if and when it starts to show business award availability (only the outbound portion was currently showing availability on ANA).

Stay tuned.