FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to MileagePlus Award and Upgrade Policies - Eff. 3-Feb-2014
Old Feb 4, 2014, 12:19 pm
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by lazard
Not sure if I'm understanding correctly. My current itinerary is BKK to FRA in TG F and then FRA-LIS-EWR on mixed LH and TAP C. If a direct flight from FRA-EWR on LH F opens up, would that trigger a reprice?
Originally Posted by SFO777
Indeed good news.
So as I read it, sounds like I can change my DTW-FRA LH First ticket to DEN-FRA LH First if and when LH releases a DEN-FRA First seat.. with no mileage repricing and only the MP kettle change fee.
Originally Posted by cricketer
I'm basically reading it as:

When you booked an award ticket before Feb 3rd, you locked yourself into:

1. A trip between two regions
2. A particular class of service (which you may or may not be already seated in based on availability)

Therefore you can essentially change your airports for origin and destination, change your dates, change your carrier as long as you stay travelling between Europe and North America in F (or whatever your ticket was)
I hope you're right, cricketer. This would seem to take care of SFO777's scenario. But I'm less clear on lazard's, which involve switching part of an itinerary from C to F (albeit in the context of what seems to be an F award ticket).

As others have said, I guess we'll find out as folks start to post their experience with this.