FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Class pre-ordered meal
View Single Post
Old Feb 3, 2014, 4:02 pm
thirdfey

Programs: Work from home now, no more status for me
Post Not the answer you're looking for...

I would say do a search on the word preorder or on any of the meals above. This has been covered a couple times. There's no easy way to answer this question though because we don't know what your taste in food is, we're all different when it comes to how we expect a meal to be. The other thing to note is please realize that these planes aren't equipped with a kitchen, more likely a microwave for the premade foods to be reheated in so even though you can prepare a steak or lobster in a microwave to have it be edible requires some skills beyond just pushing buttons. Many will stay away from lobster and steaks because of how inconsistent the results can be and instead look into curry dishes because they survive being reheated in a microwave better. The next variable is who is preparing the food before it gets on the plane. When I flew first CDG to BKK I had pre-ordered a Thai curry and the purser approached me and asked if i like Thai food and then reminded me that we were currently in Paris so she couldn't guarantee that the Thai meal would meet my expectations. I enjoyed the meal. So you may need to include the flights or cities you will be flying between to get a more specific answer.