Old Feb 3, 14, 1:54 pm
Edavid14

Originally Posted by HW75 View Post
Flews2014 you are out of line. As a loyal SPG platinum member for 10+ years people like Edavid and I have certainly paid and earned our points. I booked in October and am waiting for my new hotel as well. An AI experience is the least they can do. I for one booked the Westin, why, because I love the Westin brand. Had I known in Oct they would be closed I would have chosen another destination. Period. Now I have non refundable airfare and my family and are at the mercy of SPG. Edavid thank you for the update, I hope you and yours enjoy the AI experience, you deserve it. Months of anticipating a vacation just to have it ripped from under your feet, and waiting weeks for an update. AI is the least they can do.
HW75, thank you for being a voice of reason. He/she is an idiot.

I booked on November 8th and feel exactly the same way. If I knew the hotel was being sold, I would have booked in St. Maarten or Cayman or St. John or the new property in Punta Cana. Now I have non-refundable airfare and Starwood wasn't going to pay my US Airways change fee so I could re-route to one of these other islands. I'm stuck and I feel absolutely no guilt at this "windfall"! I wish you luck with your accommodations. Let us know how you make out. They should be informing you by tomorrow.