FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Loyalty no longer worth it ?
View Single Post
Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:08 pm
yessams

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond
I have seen a bunch of threads lately with Loyalty in the title... sometimes it makes me want to make popcorn

I am loyal to Delta and I believe I have been shown appreciation from Delta for that loyalty. My definition of loyalty is not "what I can get out of this business relationship", but rather a mutual respect where we both are able to get what we need. I receive awesome customer service (especially in IRROPS) and some perks, they receive my business. Do I wish that some perks would benefit me more? Sure! Does Delta wish I would buy the Full Y fare or F, or fly twice as much as I do? Absolutley. However, there is a happy medium in which we both benefit.

For me loyalty from Delta is not the "things" I get (upgrades, free bags, Tiffany GC, etc), but the overall treatment that I receive from Delta. Do I wish they would do somethings differently?? Yes. I do believe the standard of customer service that they have afforded me has been incredible.

I fly out of the small airport in Green Bay. EVERY Delta agent at GRB knows me by my first name (it seems like I am a DYKWIA, but I am really not). Who doesn't like that?

I think there are many folks who believe loyalty is "How much free stuff can I get", and the possibility of an upgrade becomes an EXPECTATION of an upgrade...it must be SHENA if it does not occur.

I try to keep my expecatations low on the things that really do not matter (upgrades and the brand of booze in the SKY Club are two examples). Granted, I do like to sit up front, but at the end of the day, I would like a safe flight, arrive in a resonable time, be treated well and be appreciated. Everything else is a bonus. This keeps my spirits generally good when flying.

Different strokes for different folks...and I know upgrades and booze and redemption miles are important for others...and that is their perogative.

Just my view...

Thanks for reading!