FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage (PQDs, PQMs, RDMs) earning when purchasing Chase Ultimate Reward UA tickets
Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:06 pm
LaserSailor

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by milohoss
For those of you interested in the "premium qualifying dollars" game, I have some very bad news.

It seems that tickets purchased with Chase Ultimate Rewards WILL NOT earn any PQDs. Oddly, they will still earn regular miles and PQMs as normal - because, after all, they are supposed to be the same as purchasing with cash. I had a wretched call with United last night where they informed me that Ultimate Rewards tickets get slapped with a "bulk fare" label and are therefore ineligible for PQDs.

Most likely, this will also include every other credit card point system like FlexPerks, Barclays, etc...

This seems like a pretty aggressive move by United and for many of us probably bombs the utility of the Ultimate Rewards system since making that minimum spend is now radically more difficult.

I'm still holding out hope that the message will get to United about how ridiculous this is (after all, money was still spent - can't they at least give us the equivalent PQDs instead of zero?).
I think this a great move. No problem with points plans bring used for travel, but they should not contribute to status over those using cash