FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CVS cashier gave me the wrong VR Card
View Single Post
Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:37 am
ericdabbs

Originally Posted by prokopon
I don't mean this in a rude way, but ericdabbs is giving wrong information.

The seven card limit is the number of cards you can use to PAY for your transaction. It doesn't matter if they are AMEX gc's or regular CC's. The seven card limit does NOT apply to the number of VR's you can purchase in a single transaction when paying by GC. Last week I purchased 10 x VR @$500 using 3 AMEX GC's and one regular CC (so four total swipes).

Cheers!
What the heck are you talking about? You purchased 10 x VR using 3 GCs and 1 CC. How is that proving my point? You bought 3 VRs using 3 GC and 7 VRs using CC. I never said you couldn't do that. What I said in my previous post is that the 7 VR limit is for if you are trying to purchase 7 VRs with 7 Amex GCs in one transaction. The most common denomination which most people have for Amex GC is $500 due to TCB's $500 limit on cashback for Amex GC purchase. Therefore explain to me how can you buy 7 VRs without using 7 GCs assuming each Amex GC is $500? Each $500 Amex GC counts as a separate method of payment due to each Amex GC having a unique card number. Unless you have a $3K Amex GC and a $2K Amex GC that is a different story.

I have personally bought 10 VRs each with $500 with CC in one transaction. A CC is not the same as a GC. I didn't have to use 4 transactions like you did using a mixture of GC and CC.

Last edited by ericdabbs; Feb 3, 2014 at 12:59 am