FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flights operated by AA...PNR/Record Locator?
Old Feb 2, 2014, 10:05 am
dbarrott

Flights operated by AA...PNR/Record Locator?

Hello everyone

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum - this place is huge!

So I booked flights this morning on Expedia (fantastic deal, usually I would buy direct from the airline). I have received US Airways ticket numbers and a US Airways confirmation code. It says the flights are operated by American Airlines though. I am wanting to pick seats etc for my flights and understand that I need an AA PNR/Record Locator to be able to do this? (when retrieving my reservation on the US Airways site it says I have to confirm seats/checkin online etc with AA)

Expedia didn't give me any joy so I called AA directly. Worryingly they have no record of my details on their system, but they can recognise my US Airways flight number. Because of this they said that they cannot see or give me a record locator. They tried to put me directly through to US Airways but they are now closed.

Should I be worried about anything here? I have booked BA flights operated by AA before and got hold of the PNR just fine. Also entering my US code on checkmytrip.com doesn't give me anything for AA either. I just don't understand how US Airways can give me an AA PNR but not AA directly. I have to admit, the lack of my details in AA's system is really starting to get at my OCD

Can anyone offer any advice here? Or point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Darrell