FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Patagonia MLC
View Single Post
Old Feb 2, 2014, 8:15 am
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Originally Posted by LordHamster
Wow, that one is close to being perfect, except I wish it had a back panel (between main compartment and backpack straps) laptop area.
There's a full width zippered panel (with lockable zippers) behind the front organizational panel that can fit laptops and a document or two. No dedicated padded laptop area, but that just adds additional weight and takes up too much space. I use a neoprene case for my laptop and regularly switch bags so a simple slip pocket that can double as a laptop pocket is preferable for me. Alternately, if packing with cubes and few bulky items, the area between the 2 halves of the bag can be use to slip a laptop in. The area being in one of the farthest pockets from the backpack straps does throw the balance of the bag off a little unless one packs strategically by putting heavier items and denser items in the half of the bag that is closest to the back.

Originally Posted by TravlnD
Nice. I once suggested to Tom Bihn that they add a sleeve to the Western Flyer, etc. so it could be used either way. Was told they would pass on to their "research dept". I couldn't understand why for the WF had to choose between backpack or roller.
+1 Did the same and was surprised that they chose to go either-or instead of backpack straps + sleeve.