FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Update on our Airbus Reconfigurations (Seats, Entertainment, Channel 9, etc.)
Old Jan 31, 2014, 11:12 pm
jjmoore

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
The CR7 seats are different...

Here's a press release from UA about it, linked from the article I linked above:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/united...181500142.html

The stuff you got in the employee portal was just being free with language.
These slimlines on the CR7's are nothing short of atrocious. Flew DEN-CLE on this slimline config, and my body was sore after that. Last weekend, I flew ORD-BTV on this config again, and much the same.

I really hope someone from UA reads these threads and is noting customer feedback. Pinching pennies by significantly reducing comfort is not going to win business in the long run. I fly a lot, and I do fly economy most of the time. If more aircraft transition to these seats, I will seriously consider other airline options. I don't know how they advertise these seats as having more ergonomic and supportive cushioning... they are the antithesis of that statement. UA's economy class flight experience will quickly fall out of the ranks of "Best Economy Class Flight Experience" into the tanks of "avoid at all costs".

Last edited by jjmoore; Jan 31, 2014 at 11:36 pm