Old Jan 30, 14, 9:07 pm
tartempion

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Tchiowa, don't I know you from an other (Thai) website? (my nickname there was Thalenoi)

Anyway, Suvarnabhumi taxis are regulated, can't be older than 4 years?
Never had a problem except fast driving. Just make sure when leaving that he turns on the meter and keep the card from the desk with driver's name and number.
You will see the same number attached to both doors inside the cab.
You can complain using that number, I never had to.
But yes, most if not all are Toyota Corrola's riding on gas, thus not leaving room for more than one bag. I do see bigger 5 doors taxis sometimes in the waiting line, you can ask for one and wait extra to get one.

A ride from the airport to downtown will cost you 105 tollway + 50 for airport fee + around 250 on the meter depending how far away and traffic congestion.
From Sukhumvit area to Suvarnabhumi airport I usually have around 210THB on the meter.

The Sofitel I stayed at last week asks 2200THB for a ride to the airport, but I used Blacklane limousine in stead, paid 25usd for a Toyota Camry.

Downtown Bangkok taxis can be more of an adventure, driver refusing to take you where you want in the first place, crappy old cars secondly and dangerous driving third.
Just take the next taxi when you are on a main road: 100 pass by/minute, can be difficult on small streets: no taxis passing by.

Last edited by tartempion; Jan 30, 14 at 9:32 pm