FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - This week's weather waiver!
View Single Post
Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:16 pm
Orange County Commuter

Originally Posted by RMAnalystATL
Atlanta is a complete mess. My normal 15 minute commute ended up being over an hour (lucky to take all backroads) and many of my coworkers normal 25-30 minute commutes have been taking 2-6 hours. I feel bad for those living in Smyrna/Marietta/Kennesaw as 285 and 75 are a complete mess. Coming from the north, this is a complete embarrassment of a response to winter weather. Even though we have got some snow, this was known yesterday and the fact that the roads were so congested today and schools weren't canceled, people didn't work from home, etc is amazing. I have seen far worse road conditions up in Minnesota and never seen traffic like today. I would recommend anyone in the ATL metro area to stay in. So many bad drivers out there who don't know how to drive in this stuff and not worth spending hours in traffic to go 1-2-3 miles.

As for the airline operation today, almost all the cancelations were done in advance so the schedule was trimmed before the day began and aside from de-icing delays, things ran about as smoothly as one could expect. The airport operation today looked extremely organized and well run compared to the road situation in Atlanta. I wish everyone traveling to/from/through ATL a safe journey!

So why didn't you take your own advice and work from home? Instead you, with all your Minnesota knowledge, were out there being part of the traffic issue