FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI
Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:15 pm
SamOF

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Happy Saturday FlyerTalkers!

I just wanted to provide some additional clarification on Hyatt's Best Rate Guarantee policy.

At this time, any site that automatically creates a membership is an ineligible site. The site creates a membership, and requires signing in to review the booking or to create any new bookings. There are sites that will let you book as a guest, and those would still be eligible for a BRG.

We are constantly evaluating the process and we welcome your feedback.

If you have any questions regarding a site or BRG process, I am happy to discuss or provide assistance.

Safe travels,

Dana Mowrey
Guest Relations Manager
As a Diamond GP member who is generally thrilled with Hyatt, I just want to add my two cents that this interpretation is just plain ridiculous. As mentioned above, the word "membership" doesn't even appear in the Hyatt terms. The verbiage is "publicly available." Hyatt BRG is claiming that a website that lets anyone in the world book and just happens to send you a password after booking is not publicly available. It's not even that I disagree with this interpretation—I simply don't understand Hyatt's thought process here.

If you don't want to offer a best rate guarantee, don't offer one. But just one experience trying to match a rate last year was enough to leave a very bad taste in my mouth. I strongly suggest that corporate think more about the customer experience of the BRG when making these policy decisions.