FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Compensation Thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2014, 4:21 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MAMOHT
Had a cancelled flight because of MX. Got rebooked on the next day flight. Next morning some moron from customer service cancelled my trip. Ended up losing my UG (btw I was on full Y) and i am pretty sure they had to kick someone else off the plane to get me back in. Got the very last seat on CRJ7. Sent Delta an email about that. Got an apology and nothing else. That has been my pattern lately. No compensation whatsoever. Only apologies.
Was there a delay, no matter how slight, posted for your new flight? If so, you were probably "Vipered" where Viper is DL's automatic IROPs rebooking software that's supposed to take care of HVCs but can get ridiculously overaggressive and nonsensical. It probably wasn't human intervention. [This happened to me earlier this month when my G A P rebooked flight was further rebooked to coach with a horrible connection the next morning when the flight I picked and had already checked in for was delayed by a further ten whole minutes!]