FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Big Win returns - Spring 2014
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 14, 1:40 am
DrTom

Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
One of my challenges includes having to book a Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast. I thought I had managed to book this at HI Dusseldorf Ratingen, which also happens to be one of my City Life cities. I would also be knocking out one of my two Saturday night stay challenges with this stay.
For anyone interested in the "Start The Day Off Right" rate.

I stayed on this rate, with the additional 10% off discount for IHG members. This was still group under the "Best Flexible Rate" with Breakfast ticked when booking.

The receipt mentions "IHG® Rewards Club Member Exclusive –Flexible with Breakfast" and "Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast" in the text.

The stay has posted on Big Win, but not the Breakfast rate.

I contacted IHG Customer Service and they have confirmed that this rate does qualify for "Start The Day Off Right" (as you would expect) but this will take 4-6 weeks to show. It seems as if they are still working on this.

I'm also one of the people who lost the 100 points for the survey, and that offer isn't showing against the overall "Win Big" so I'm assuming that this is one of many glitches that the programmers are concentrating on.