FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using SkyMiles on SkyTeam & Other Partners: The Discussion Thread
Old Jan 26, 2014, 5:41 pm
mnredfox
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
So I'd thought I'd bring up this topic as this is the first time I've run into this:

Booked on DL partners with award miles (KE, MU). Both have had schedule changes. Specifically MU had a sched change requiring me to switch airports, fly a connection, and fly on FM (Shanghai Airlines).

What does DL typically do in these circumstances? I know if it's DL metal they are pretty flexible, but with partners is this a take or leave the option that DL.dumb gives you? If you want to change to alternative routing, will DL reroute you on partners regardless of the award availability exists?

Also, I find this rather annoying but I've had many schedule changes recently (fine this happens), but DL has never informed me. Why is this? Shouldn't they be sending me an email or something if this occurs? Why is it that I have to find out only because I logged in to check my itins?