FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2014 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)
Old Jan 26, 2014, 5:16 pm
MrAndy1369

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Gotcha. Did they do salad/dessert carts on the 767's previously used on LAX<>JFK (and currently on SFO<>JFK)? My thought is that it may have to do with the A321 being a narrowbody...not much room for an elaborate salad/dessert cart? Is the salad option now limited compared to before on 3-class F? It seems like nothing has changed with sundae service (still as elaborate as before, just no cart) so it just may have to do with the size of the aisle?

Also, when did AA eliminate lobster/smoked salmon from the menu, approximately? Do they still offer chateaubriand as part of the rotation, though?

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I do not recall the salad/dessert cart being used. I'm not sure if it was crew specific (the purser seemed intent on making it a very personalized experience whenever each passenger was ready for the next course) or whether there's no longer a cart on the A321.

It's just the picture angle. The entrée is the same size as I remember from past flights in transcon F (as recently as last month and dating back to my first AA F transcon in 2005, the entrée size has always remained the same in my experience - they've just eliminated the lobster and smoked salmon from the menu).

-FlyerBeek