FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class
Old Jan 25, 2014, 4:21 pm
weirdlyndon

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JetAway
Instead of complaints to UA CS or postings here, perhaps a letter or email to UA's Corporate Chefs (not the Celebrity Chefs) might be an effective avenue for voicing opinions about UA's culinary offerings. Presumably these folks have some professional pride in their work and likely receive little feedback from the passengers they are feeding. Their names can be found under inflight services/inflight dining at UA.com.
I see where you're coming from, but again, don't think this will do anything. I actually feel bad for them as I'm sure they have to to make a VERY miniscule budget go as far as possible.

Ultimately, this is some bean counter's idea as a way to cut costs. Starts with simple things like 'we can shave $0.10 from every F meal going from yogurt in a ramekin to packaged yogurt.' Multiply that by how many meals are catered daily, and voila, you have cost savings. Same thing about how much they saved shifting from whole cashews to cashew halves. It's getting pretty sad at this point. And for the life of me, I can't understand how they justify this, when they are in no way being competitive with other airlines.