FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2014 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)
Old Jan 25, 2014, 8:45 am
AANYC1981
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Here's my flight from last night. I was really surprised NYC-San Juan gets basic plus service these days. I have not seen this in the past but it's been a year or two since I last did this route.

JFK-SJU
1/24/14
7PM Departure
757 with ancient interior (those 80's off white to blue gradient walls are so outdated)

PDB - YES, choice of sparkling wine, water and OJ.
Hot towel
Beverage service with nuts. Drink refills offered before meal. Done via cart service.

Dinner choices were:

Gnocchi in butter sage cream sauce, or
Chicken Marsala w/ risotto (FA's called it rice). I got this and it was very good. My pre-order was acknowledged.

Both dinner dishes came with the shrimp cocktail appetizer served all at one on the same tray.

Then to my surprise (I was expecting maybe a cookie), but FA's came through with a choice of either cookies and cream ice cream or a fruit and cheese plate.

Overall, an excellent crew and flight. I was very surprised by the service levels for this 3.5 hour flight as I don't remember JFK-SJU getting anything more than a normal mid-con flight.