FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - F seat poached by disabled passenger
View Single Post
Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:08 pm
jon0

Originally Posted by emcampbe
I think it was enough for the OP several pages ago. Don't see why there should be a vote - the OP never even asked if people thought what they did was right or wrong. They simply asked how a person who [presumably] was assisted in priority boarding could be seated in their seat, and in the incorrect cabin no less. They never asked if anyone thought it was wrong of them to take the action they did. The responders in this thread (granted, myself included in my initial response, but after noting that point first), took it upon themselves to attack the OP for dropping the claim to the seat.
OP here. I never asked people if what I did was right or wrong because, honestly, I never thought it was an issue. I never concerned myself with any possible moral ambiguities because, at the time, my decision was (obviously!) morally right, situationally expedient, and kind.

10 pages of responses have shown me that people do think differently than I do, and places vastly different moral judgements on even the simple act of giving up a premium seat to someone who took it without asking first.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't interested in finding out what frequent flyers think about this situation, correlated by ethnic, religious, and economic background, and frequency of travel, etc. But that's what makes me an information geek...