FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pro-active Upgrade cost tracking and questions thread
Old Jan 24, 2014, 1:40 pm
haasha

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by dolfinco
Fairly new to flyertalk or certainly posting on it. I notice people talk about receiving special offers for upgrades and i just want to check where you see these ?

I know how to check for Avios redemption and i know where the "upgrade with cash" section is on MMB but am i missing something else. Is there a noticeable alert that I should be looking out for.
POUGs (Proactive Online UpGrades) are displayed in the same place in MMB when available - the "Limited special offer" example ET->CE for £79 below. If it is not Limited special offer, it's plain fare+taxes difference.

Example what you may see after you click on the "Limited special offer".

Also, i have noticed a few people talk about somewhere they can see how busy their flight is, can anyone help me with a link for this.

Thanks in advance.
One possibility is described in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ed-master.html

The other possibility is signing up for a tool like KVS.

Another possibility is checking number of Avios seat on the same flight (assuming there is some link in availability of those seats and POUGs).

Using any of the above is still just guessing, it's more like a game then anything else, though the Avios seats->POUGs method seems to be reasonably successful according to reports here.

Last edited by haasha; May 28, 2014 at 3:39 pm Reason: clarification about the second picture