FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2014 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)
Old Jan 24, 2014, 10:24 am
MrAndy1369

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
A few things to compare with to a 2011 JFK-LAX dinner in 3 class F - single post here

I noticed a few differences on the menu/pictures of 2011 and 2014 - also had a question about the salad below:

-Salad cart is no longer mentioned on the menu - has the 3-class transcon F salad cart been discontinued in favor of choosing between salad toppings?

-The main entree (2014) looks a bit smaller in comparison to the chateaubriand in the 2011 version of AFS F. Perhaps it's just the picture/entree choice?

-Is it just me, or does the prosciutto look a bit better as an appetizer? (YMMV)

Improvement: snack basket AND cookie in 2014 vs. just a cookie in 2011

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
AA133 JFK-LAX F January 2014

My first flight on the AA A321! Slightly enhanced transcon menu (new appetizers and entrees, premium snack basket) compared to last month with a new design. The service I received from Purser Charlie and his team was exceptional - it rivaled LH F (which I had flown the week prior)!

Dinner

Starters

Marinated Cheese Antipasto

Thai-seasoned Breast of Chicken
With grilled pineapple and watermelon, served with Asian mint dressing

Salad

Seasonal greens with fresh vegetables offered with chile cucumber salad and Cajun-style roasted chicken breast

With your choice of classic Caesar dressing or premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Assorted gourmet breads will be served with you meal

Entrees

Grilled Fillet of Beef
Served with sautéed spinach and kale, accompanied by potatoes au gratin
An American Classics item

Pumpkin Seed Crusted Breast of Chicken
With brown butter sauce, served with sugar snap peas and mashed sweet potatoes

Cheese Tortellini and Manicotti Duo
Tortellini with pesto Alfredo sauce, accompanied by Florentine Manicotti with Mediterranean tomato sauce

Dessert

Traditional Ice Cream Sundae
Ben & Jerry's vanilla ice cream with you choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Grand Marnier Fruit Salad

Light Refreshment

Whole Fruit and Snacks
A selection of fresh seasonal fruit and premium snacks

Cookies
Freshly baked on board

[pictures redacted to save space]
[/IMG]
Also, another post I'm comparing: Midnight Raid in 2011 menu (single post here) vs. 2014's menu below:

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
AA204 LAX-MCO F January 2014

Midnight Raid

Entrees

Grilled Italian Beef
Served chilled over fresh seasonal greens with blue cheese and pepper cream dressing

Gourmet Cheese Plate
Cheddar, Havarti and Camembert with a strawberry, grapes and dried fruit

Onion and Leek Soup
With Dijon and Jarlsberg baguette croutons

A crusty French roll will be served with our meal

2/3Cls, Business, Midnight Raid
1/14
Noticed a few small changes here and there - possible small subtle cutbacks? The Fruit and Cheese plate in 2011 said 'strawberries' vs. 'a strawberry' in 2014. No longer is grapes described as 'juicy' and the cheddar described as 'fresh' in 2014 as it was described in 2011 as. Also, the baguette slice seems to have been exchanged with croutons for 2014's version of the soup.

Yeah, before you say I'm just being nitpicky and extremely focused on details, that's just who I am. I tend to notice the littlest of details - it's not something I can really help, and it's not a bad thing! It's just interesting to see how menu choices and offerings change over the years, and it does look like AA's domestic F has seen a few small, very minor, but small cutbacks over the years. For example, I also noticed on longer Basic Plus midcons that there are now 3 pieces of shrimp vs. 4 in 2011 (the appetizer served alongside the salad) based on pictures taken at their respective times.

Again, not a big deal at all - just observations, definitely unsubstantive in the grand scheme of things. AA F still is the best in the air compared to all the other legacies.

Last edited by MrAndy1369; Jan 26, 2014 at 1:27 pm Reason: minor editing and cleaning up for clarity and correction of a mistake