FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2014 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)
Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:20 pm
FlyerBeek

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
The service I received from Purser Charlie and his team was exceptional - it rivaled LH F (which I had flown the week prior)!
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
...Slightly enhanced transcon menu....it rivaled LH F (which I had flown the week prior)!

LH F? Until we see AA serving appetizers like this:
BlissWorld, there's no need to misquote me. I was clearly referring to the service I received from the AA crew and not implying that AA's transcon menu was on par with the caviar and vintage Champagne featured on LH F. I still stand by my comments, the service on AA133 was uncharacteristically faultless and would favorably compete against anything I've received in the past year (which included over 300,000 miles in international premium cabins – including F on AA, CX, JL, LH, MH, NH, TG, and UA).
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
So do I, but I think it's time for you to try the competition again because it probably has been a while since you flew them last

Hawaiian, hands down, offers the best overall service...

I can go on, but I think that's enough to show that AA is definitely not the best to the islands.
I must disagree with you, and I am by no means an AA apologist. I’ve actually flown AA, UA, DL, HI, and AS in F to the Hawaiian Islands all within the past 10 months.

While DL does fly the 76W on a couple of flights to HNL – which is indisputably a superior hard product to the AA 763 – AA flies the 763 on at least 5 flights a day to Hawaii. Overall, I’m not a huge fan of HI’s F product on either the A330 or 763 (personally I prefer angled lie-flat over the HI recliners) and although the quality of their catering is the best to Hawaii, I find the flight crews to be very hit-or-miss (also including my recent international flights on HI). I do my absolute best to avoid narrow-bodies to Hawaii, but obviously an AA 757 will not compare favorably with a DL 76W or HI A330 regardless of the soft product provided.

If the serving of low-quality Mai Tais with tropical fruit garnish is your only measure of service, than I certainly understand why AA doesn’t compare favorably in your opinion. Personally, I prefer to save the Mai Tais until I’m actually in the Islands and place a greater emphasis on the overall meal, seat, and service quality.

Of course, YMMV.

-FlyerBeek

Last edited by FlyerBeek; Jan 23, 2014 at 8:25 pm