FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2014 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:40 am
davesam12

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
There is absolutely no difference in the main meal service between, for example, DFW-HNL and LAX-HNL.

For lunch/dinner flights both will feature the exact same menu for the main meal. The salad course for all Hawaii flights is substantially larger and of a higher quality than regular domestic and even transcon F salads. In my opinion, it more than makes up for the lack of a separate appetizer. On the longer Hawaii flights (DFW-HNL or ORD-HNL when it operates) there will be a very small second service (a fruit/cheese plate on westbound flights to Hawaii and a fresh baked scone on the overnight eastbound flights back to DFW/ORD). All breakfast flights to/from Hawaii (currently only LAX-HNL and HNL-LAX) will also feature a cocktail service with the tropical nut mix a cookies prior to landing.

I fly to Hawaii somewhat regularly, and the menus/catering hasn't changed one bit in the last 5 years. That being said, AA still offers the best F service to Hawaii, in my opinion (having also flown UA, DL, HI, and AS).

-FlyerBeek
^ yes the Sam Choy menu needs to be refreshed IMHO.