FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Guide: PHL / Philadelphia International Airport - MCT, Connection, MCT, etc.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:55 pm
PWMTrav

Originally Posted by perseus11
Obviously you've never been to EWR.
I have, but only connecting on a UA flight I lived in south jersey for a long time, but never close enough to warrant EWR over PHL. I actually like the PHL airport experience for many reasons, just not US employees (or the lack of airside walk to/from F). I'd probably hate it if I didn't have pre-check, though, as the C checkpoint line has gotten out of control lately.

PHL has had consistently awful US employees. Shockingly, at least for me, 2nd place has been SAN. The only good experience I've had at that airport (flying US) has been my last trip. I'm not much of a complainer and I don't really say anything about it because I care more about pretty much anything else in the world than spending more time at the airport, but those have just been my observations.

FWIW, the "best" for me have been DCA (esp. the Shuttle checkin and center pier lounge), PHX (even the lounge dragons are really nice) and here at home - PWM.