FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - F seat poached by disabled passenger
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2014, 10:36 am
tag1084

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold
I agree the OP should not be eligible for compensation. He chose to give up a FC seat voluntarily. But it's all relevant. Is the OP a frequent flyer in first class? If so than a few rows back on a short RJ flight isn't that big of a deal for him. Compared to what he thought the "backlash" could have been and missing a connection. I can honestly say I can't fault him for doing that. If he travels very frequently in F than to him it isn't worth the hassle.

I personally do not frequently travel in F. I fly about 3x a year one of those being business the other 2 lesiure. I have an airline credit card that earns me miles and I am not an "elite" or "preferred' member. Last year I treated myself to a first class award to las vegas. Just one way to save some miles but get the F experience. I never flew first class and was looking forward to the added "perks". If this situation happened to me on that flight I would not have given up my seat. I saved up miles all year to fly first class! If I were the OP I would've notified the FA/GAs that the person was in my seat, and the appear to not speak english and are disabled. I am willing to give up my seat and save anyone hassle ONLY if I get proper compensation for it. If I fault the OP for anything it's not asking for "compensation" on the spot. But again, heat of the moment I can understand why he didn't.

Last edited by tag1084; Jan 21, 2014 at 10:41 am