FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - F seat poached by disabled passenger
View Single Post
Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:00 pm
LilAbner

Originally Posted by jon0
Are you telling me that we might have been able to get out of the gate sooner if I had insisted that either 1) I get my original assigned seat, in which case we'd have to spend additional time to either convince the passenger to move voluntarily, or arrange to have her forcefully removed; or if I had insisted that 2) My involuntary downgrade is properly reflected in the system and my new boarding pass, in which case I will have to be unloaded and reloaded, and a new manifest printed...

Remember, I care much more about making my connection than I do of sitting in UX "First" for this brief flight.
I don't care where you sit!
There are many, many procedures that are required before your aircraft could be pushed back.
I'm saying that I don't care if it was Sister Theresa with a body cast, her a$$ is movin' out of my RPUed seat!!!
I pay too much money, and ride on too many planes, to fall for some sob story from ANYONE.
If you were that concerned about making your connection and didn't want to push it, what's your reason for mentioning it further. What exactly are posters on here supposed to do except get into a heated discussion about the rights of disabled passengers that don't want to pay for a F/C seat and park their a$$ anywhere they wish, AND GET AWAY WITH IT???

I'm off to BOS in the a.m. and one of my connections was upgraded with a CPU, however my itin still shows me in 7D. After over 1 hour on the phone with res (twice) and some tech support agent in India. I'm still in coach, but showing at being upgraded and with a F/C seat assignment, and F/C is now full. When I check in for my first flight in then morning I'm going to be proactive and seek IMMEDIATE action to get my rightful seat, or I'm cancelling and driving home.

To each their own, and I OWN the seat that I was assigned, PERIOD!!! I just had back surgery 5 weeks ago and I ain't switching with anyone, and if I can't sit where I'm comfortable, I ain't flying. 2,750,000 miles will make one a true believer, believe me!

A downgrade by a g/a in one thing, but this "Can We Switch?" back-braced chick ain't a g/a!!!