FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flyertalk/Vielfliegertreff <> Lufthansa IRREG Interview
Old Jan 20, 2014, 11:12 am
TRAVELSIG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
So if you notice rolling delays and make your case, a LH agent should plead your case to a person authorised to waive rebooking charges.
And here is the only part of the Lufthansa IRREG policy that I take issue with. The front line staff surely should be authorized to make a simple change such as this without having to "plead your case" to anyone?

While someone may come back and say "but other airlines don't allow that either" to which in many cases I concur they do not, this would be a small yet effective and relatively cost free way for Lufthansa to perform at a higher level than the competition and thus leverage their very best and most underutilized asset which is their excellent people.

IRREG are going to happen to every airline and while I can appreciate the huge investments Lufthansa has made in technology to automate this process and probably will make as incremental income licensing this technology to other airlines- I think the human touch at the moments that matter can pay unusually high dividends for zero capex.