FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does DL ever delay the last flight of the night?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 10:12 pm
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Tuesday of this week, my first flight was delayed because of a passenger medical issue, which required an ambulance be called and baggage be retrieved from under the plane. The plane left 80 minutes late. While on the flight, I messaged back and forth with DeltaAssist. He didn't promise anything, but said he would put a note in the file. I thought I was scr*wed.

We deplaned at ATL E32 T-18. My seat mate was going to B18. I was going to B2. His flight had pushed back by the time we got to B18. As I was getting down the B Concourse as fast as possible (carts had stopped running) a woman yelled out from the end of the hall, "Are you my guy from E32?" She had held the plane waiting for me, but told me she would have only been able to hold it until T-2. I got on the plane at about T-3. She hadn't given away my UG F seat, either!

I'm not sure if this happened because I'm DM, because I reached out to DeltaAssist, a combination of both or neither. The guy next to me was PM. There were at least two other people on our flight with his connection at B18. I was the only person going to B2 as far as I know. (Was in Row 2 of earlier flight and didn't hang around to see who was going where.)

My checked bags did not make it.

Last edited by CJKatl; Jan 19, 2014 at 10:17 pm