FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy a house with MS (do not attempt)
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2014, 3:00 pm
ericdabbs

Originally Posted by BarnyardRomeo
It is considered fraud, to charge up a bunch of credit cards and then declare bankruptcy when that was the plan the whole time. However, I admire OPs outside-the-box thinking. There are those among us who just come on here and read posts and follow what everyone else is doing, and there are a few who give things a great deal of thought, trying to invent new methods for getting ahead in life. Sure, OPs idea is bad because its illegal and gives people who are against the poor more ammo to critisize any laws that provide for the poor. But perhaps OPs idea might spark an idea in someone else's head that is a new, legal, and positive advancement for MS. We can't have progress unless we discuss lots of ideas, some of them bad and some of them good.
The way I look at it is if I am doing anything with MS, I am not going to risk my credit score and history for years and years to come just to get a free trip to Asia or Europe on business class or cash back. While the OP might be one of the first few people to put it down on paper, I am sure many have thought about ways to do MS related with a mortgage. I am sure someone has thought of trying to put a down payment on a house with CC. However the second it involves ruining your own credit and any chances of you borrowing money from any lender for years and years to come then the MS should not even be considered.