FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Honduras Safety - advice needed
View Single Post
Old Jan 16, 2014, 9:29 pm
soxfanndc

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
Honduras Safety - advice needed

Hi everyone. So I was recently able to grab a Biz class fare on DL's super low BOS-ATL-TGU flights. I was not aware at the time of booking of Honduras being a "dangerous" destination. I know everyone's experiences are different but can someone please give me the "real" scoop? A bit of background about me - I'm a single male in my mid thirties. I speak Spanish almost fluently and certainly MUCH more than just "conversationally." I've traveled pretty extensively in my life and tend to navigate cities pretty well meaning I'm aware of my surroundings, I don't flash large amounts of cash, I gen. take cabs after dark, no ostentatious jewelry and I don't get smashed in bars and then try to walk home. SO, having said all that - with reasonable precautions - is it STILL a dangerous place and should I cancel my ticket or is it just one of those places where extra caution should be all that's needed and I don't need an armed guard with me? Please help on any advice/insight and thanks in advance for your productive reply. Thank you.