FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Credit Card Details (Comenity Capital Bank)
Old Jan 16, 2014, 3:19 pm
rekoil

Programs: Delta
Just got my FLY Premium card today, sent UPS Next Day as others have reported. Agree with the new design being a definite downgrade from the Barclays's VX card...the "shimmer" is gone, and the card feels much flimsier than the previous one.

Also, my last name is truncated on the card, presumably due to the vertical orientation of the design. No idea why they couldn't just use my first initial to make room for my full last name, or split my name across two lines. Even more inexplicably, the card that's in my wife's name also truncates our surname to the same number of letters, even though her first name is much shorter than mine. Weird.

Another thing I noticed is that my wife's card number and security code is the same as mine, which is a first - with every other card account, our cards have different numbers and security codes. This has real-world impact - other card issuers I have are able to classify purchases by the card used, and if there's a fraudulent charge, we know which card was used (which helps with investigations) and only one card needs to be reissued (read: we can keep using the other one until a replacement is received).

All in all, I think Comenity is a far inferior partner (speaking from the consumer perspective) than Barclay's was. I hope VX puts some real effort into improving the service being provided in their name.

Also, if you're a Mint.com user, here's a link to a forum issue to get the card supported, feel free to vote up: http://gsfn.us/t/4e87c