FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase purchase protection issues [Consolidated]
Old Jan 16, 2014, 12:45 pm
lancexfang

Chase purchase protection issues [Consolidated]

Lost a new ipad on a recent flight. It happened to be that I bought it just recently after the retina model came out in Nov. So I contacted Chase to see if their purchase protection would provide some coverage.

Right off the bat they said they only cover damaged or stolen items. Well, in my opinion, I lost it, rather than any one stole it from me. But well, if we have to call it 'stolen' for me to get reimbursement, I guess I'd go along with it.

Then they wanted proof from the airline that I reported it. I did, but the airline (Delta in this case) in this case can't provide a copy of the online form I submitted.

I am trying to get Chase (really not Chase people, it's handled by a 3rd party I believe) to talk to Delta. But I'm not optimistic.

I was hoping it would be a little bit more straightforward. But it's probably by design that this is a benefit that looks good on paper but difficult to use in real life. Meanwhile I don't have much experience at all - this being my first ever attempted claim. So maybe people can tell me what I did or thought wrong...