FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Account closed without any reason (might be: registering for targeted promotion)
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:43 pm
techoin

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
I bet most of us here have registered for atleast some of these promo codes...but it does not sound fair that IHG is just closing the accounts unilaterally ...firstly they let people register for these promos..even if they let register, the promotions stack and points are posted...this is happening for god know how long and now suddenly they want to close all such accounts taking away points even from the legitimate stays.

if they think this is such a big abuse, how difficult it is to fix those in their system but they choose to go other route and let customer stay, take the money, post those points and let it happen again and again and one fine day close the account and take all the points. This only means either they have enough business so they do not care for these less profitable customers now or they have significantly large liabilities due to so many points promotions and they see it as easy way to reduce the same. They can very well deduct such points from the promotions if they want.

This needs to be taken up seriously. Everyone is best judge of their situation but I am not feeling comfortable to give any of my future stays unless there are absolutely no options as who know there is some T&C condition which gets violated by me unknowingly and one day I loose all of the hard earned rewards