FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How many are REALLY leaving UA? [2014 edition]
Old Jan 14, 2014, 10:57 am
shortkidd

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K/2MM, Marriott Platinum Premier Lifetime
Originally Posted by RNE
While I'm not "always flyin" like you, I'm not exactly housebound either. I flew a lot this year and my flying perspective goes back half a century. Flying is a shade of its former self. Domestic airlines are uniformly horrid and quickly fusing into an indistinguishable monolithic monstrosity! AAdbaUS is no holdout; it's merely the last layer atop the homogenous sediment. It is the rock and the hard place! There is no place to hide. No indignity avoidable. And the greatest outrage of all, there are no hot stewardesses like in the 60's.
In the end we are all just trying to figure out which airline is the best of the worst. Since moving to AA my wife would tell you I have been much happier. Though that came to an end last week when I was delayed in LHR for an 8 hour mechanical. This was the worst experience I had since moving to AA 2 years ago. When I was flying on COdbaUA I seemed to run into those kinds of issues more often. AA definitely does screw up, but for me they do it much less often and take care of me much more often than COdbaUA ever did. BTW...as a multimillion mile flyer of COdbaUA I still have not received one email or call asking why I don't fly them anymore. That tells me how important I really was.