FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France
View Single Post
Old Jan 14, 2014, 5:18 am
dwcatty

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France

Maybe by writing this post I'll answer my own question. Nevertheless let me put this out there.

Mrs. dwcatty and I are now booked to return to Paris in May. This will be our third trip, both previous visits we stayed at the (former) Hilton ADT. This trip we will be 4 nights at the CY Boulogne on cat 1-5 certs and then six nights at a FS Marriott property. I am trying to decide between the Renaissance le Parc Trocadero and the FS Marriott Opera Ambassador. Both have advantages, and like CJKatl has said in previous posts (I'm paraphrasing here) it is like comparing sapphires to emeralds.

I love what I've read about the neighborhood around the Ren, the Parisian feel. We are quite comfortable with the bus and metro system, have Navigo passes and no issues with getting around. As a gold we'd get breakfast.

The Opera Ambassador is a bit more centrally located. One of the disadvantages of the Hilton we stayed in before was we sometimes felt we were commuting, and so I like this location. We also like a cocktail in the evening and the Opera property has a lounge we have access to as gold.

I don't know - I still haven't sold myself on either. Both are available the six nights I want - the Ren Vendome is not. I've ruled out all the others. Maybe I should just flip a coin?