FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How many are REALLY leaving UA? [2014 edition]
Old Jan 13, 2014, 1:58 pm
CoMooter

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
I started the process today...

...by finally getting around to calling Chase and cancelling the last UA account that I had (I believe at one point I probably had 3-4 for various uses) and which probably goes back 20 years to old First Chicago as far as I can tell.

Fascinating discussion I had today with the Chase lady who, while not saying so outright, clearly has been fielding more than a few calls on this subject matter. From the very guarded and cryptic nature of the comments I received I also got the impression that Chase's 'partner' clearly was testing/monitoring what Chase's agents said or did not say in regards to responding to these types of calls.

Very illuminating...

Shame is I have about $2500 or so in UA credits that will probably force me to fly at least a few flights on UA metal this year (probably credit them to my LH account if I can). But unless there are no choices, my travel dollars are headed almost exclusively AA/DL or their alliance partners from now on. I already have booked over $5K+ in tix in the last two weeks on the other two carriers, and I plan to keep it that way until further notice.

It feels great - and liberating - to be finally winding down business with this airline!