View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 14, 9:09 pm
LAX888

Programs: LX, BA, SQ, MH
Originally Posted by hrs027 View Post
Hi
I successfully managed to book a redemption ticket using their promotional 50% discount. Now I wish to make a change of flight for the same date(just the return trip). When i rang MH, they said that since the promotional booking period is over, it will be a considered a fresh booking (even though its only a change of flight on the same date and the same route) and mentioned of a full rate of miles required if i wished to change. So I didn't change and decided to stick to my original booking. Looking at the terms and conditions of the promotional booking, I found this in relevance:
8. Change of date is allowed within the ticket promotion validity period. For the unutilised redemption ticket, change of date/sector is allowed within the ticket promotion validity period. For the partly utilised ticket, only change of flight/date is allowed within the ticket promotion validity period. All changes are subject to a USD50 reissuance fee. Additional taxes may apply.

It does mention about the promotion validity period which I am assuming would refer to the travel period (until 30 June 2014)not the booking period.
The promotional booking period was only between 1st - 8th Dec.

Does anybody else thinks of the same or am I misunderstanding it?
Unfortunately I had the same issue but it really is only possible within the promotional booking period. Therefore if you want to change now you would have to top up the miles.