View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 14, 9:42 am
ENFO

Originally Posted by iahphx View Post
Thanks, ENFO, for the helpful information. It looks like I'll have to do something similar: connect from SQ to CA at PEK, headed to the US. It will be in the morning when, hopefully, there will be more staff. I have 1 hour 50 minutes for the connection and it sounds doable -- but probably rushed!

So when I arrive at PEK, just look for an Air China service desk before heading to the customs hall where I find the int'l transit desk?

Did you try to find an Air China ticket counter in SIN before you left? I wonder if they could print me out a boarding pass for their flight. Given my relatively short transit time, it would obviously be helpful.
I'm sorry I didn't see your post in time. Were you able to locate an Air China desk in Changi?

If not, how did you do in PEK? If you are on the way to the Main immigration counters, the Air China service desk I went to was on the right hand (it is a freestanding counter in the middle of the very big arrival hall). From there you can see the rest of the arriving passengers on your left, from the direction from where you came, on their way to the Main Immigration. The immigration hall is somewhere in the general area behind the service counter. The International Transit counter is on the left side just before the Main Immigration counters. I think 1 hour 50 is quite doable since after you pass the xray the gates are very easy to find.

How was the Air China flight?