FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated: Traveling with Golf Bags on United
Old Jan 11, 2014, 7:59 pm
reelknead1

Programs: Marriott Elite Silver, UA
Consolidated: Traveling with Golf Bags on United

If this is the wrong place please excuse my lack of knowledge.

I flew out of CLT direct to my final destination of IAH at 6am. I checked two bags using my Chase United Explorer card. When I arrived in IAH only on bag was to be found. I make my way to the baggage office only to be told they don't know where the bag is as it was never scanned out of CLT or into IAH. While waiting for the baggage officer to fill out paper work my limo driver was waiting patiently until he came in and said that I will owe more due to the extra time. I tell him that's fine and carry on with the agent. Since my 8am convo with the agent, the only system states that the bag has been located and is in IAH.

The issue is that I had a 10am tee time today with my father. We had planned a weekend of golf for some father son bonding. With out my clubs we had to cancel. Tomorrow, I have an 8:30am tee time and will again have to cancel if my clubs don't arrive. Without my clubs for tomorrow morning, my entire weekend plans will be destroyed.

At this point my bag hasn't been lost for the normal 18hour minimum that most policy's state but do I have any recourse for this?

Thanks in advance.