FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dallas For a Day and Night
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2014, 7:57 pm
EmailKid
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by ERJ_12B
Long way? Its just on the other side of the airport from the Inwood/Love Field. The 529 will have you at the front door in less than 10 minutes or it can be walked in about 30. Not sure where you got your info from.
My info comes from walking all about Dallas, and around Love Field in particular @:-)

But you are right about 529, got confused with 51, which used to go there until the route was cancelled (and part of old route 51 became 31, and another part 529).

You could also take Love Field bus 524, which runs every 20 minutes and walk. According to Google maps it's 0.8 mi, 15 mins walking from corner of Mockingbird Land and Cedar Springs Rd to museum.

Originally Posted by CX828
On topic of public transport, am I right in assuming I can buy the $5 day pass from the bus driver upon boarding at DFW?
You actually feed five dollars into the machine and driver hands you a pass that is good for the day. Just pay attention which bus you take, as northbound and southbound stop at the same stop and Dallas bus drivers often don't switch destination signs