FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dallas For a Day and Night
View Single Post
Old Jan 9, 2014, 3:42 pm
longhorn11

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CX828
Thanks for your response, I will probably take public transit so hopefully only an hour or so to and from the airport.

I will definitely check out the Arts District, I looked a bit more up on that, and it looks like a must place to visit.

Do you know if there are any Rodeo or Livestock shows near DFW. I found one on the other side of Fort Worth but it may be tricky and take a while to get to?
The only Rodeo/Livestock stuff I know of is in Ft. Worth and out in the country. DFW airport is surrounded by businesses/houses/commuter suburbs for Dallas. West of Ft. Worth is going to be your best bet for touristy old western stuff.

If you're taking public transportation, you will probably be very limited in where you can go. All DART lines head downtown before they go elsewhere throughout the metro area. There is a trolley system that goes through uptown that you could catch, but it is undergoing renovations so I'm not sure if that's a sure bet.

Honestly, I'm not 100% sure you can even get to Ft. Worth by public transportation. Maybe you take the orange line bus/train to downtown to the TRE? Maybe someone else can jump in on that. The public transportation serves one purpose here and that is to get people to Downtown Dallas, it's not the best system for activities in other areas.

ETA: we also have A LOT of shopping, not sure if that's something you're into though…

Last edited by longhorn11; Jan 9, 2014 at 3:47 pm