FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (pre-2017)
Old Jan 9, 2014, 7:41 am
ord_is_home

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT (2 MM); Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by fotographer
I dont think they send out an sort of congratuations, either electronic or regular mail, it would be nice if they at least sent you an email, but what can you do...
Yes, they do. They send an email with the subject along the lines of "you have reached a major milestone in the AAdvantage Program," usually a few weeks after qualifying. In my last several years of being EXP, this is the first time I didn't receive this email after qualifying.

Here's what they sent me in 2012:

"We are happy to welcome you to another year of American Airlines AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ membership and benefits!

Your new card will arrive by mail in just a few weeks, but in the meantime I want to express my appreciation for your business. We are pleased that your status is now extended through the next elite membership year, and will work hard to ensure your loyalty is rewarded.

Along with your membership comes a range of benefits designed to make your travel more enjoyable. Whenever you wish to review your membership privileges, we invite you to access your Benefits Guide online at aa.com/aadvantageexecutiveplatinum.

As one of our valued elite members, you are especially important to us. Thank you for your support of American Airlines and the AAdvantageŽ program."

Last edited by ord_is_home; Jan 9, 2014 at 7:44 am Reason: Added quote