FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation for passengers affected by January 2014 winter storm
Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:40 am
bmg42000

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
I am not an employee

Originally Posted by jkburns1
SBM12 and bmg42000 no disrespect and sorry to go off topic a bit here but just curious - are you two jet blue employees?

Most every thread that has any criticism of your beloved blue has you two rushing to the defense of nearly EVERY single thing anyone says about their handling of the last week. Which the majority of us who fly regularly I know find to have been handled atrociously.

It's one thing to wear rose colored glasses and be a subjective fan but when you can only find silver linings and positive in every single move an airline makes no matter what the criticism is it makes me wonder if perhaps you are on their payroll?

If not employees it makes me wonder what it is they've done for you that has bestowed such loyalty to them. I do 140-150 segments a year and have for numerous years and of all the services I deal with in day to day life the airline industry by far is the worst of them all. I fly many different airlines including JetBlue (although watching this meltdown from sidelines this week despite fortunately not flying them I doubt I will again) and I can't think of anything any airline here in the US has done that could ever get me to defend them with the enthusiasm and excitement you both do.
I am not an employee and have no inside information. There are B6 employees on this thread (and they have been quiet this week) but I am not one of them. I have benefited from their policies (such as the crediting when the price has gone down), and the family pooling of points has saved me hundreds of dollars through the years (even a 10$ fare decrease adds up), and the family pooling will allow me to get 1 more free trip a year . I do admit to having met sbm12 twice . If I needed to travel 3 times a week for business I suspect I would be using DL (given UA's troubles and AA/US merger) but I am a leisure traveler who benefits by these policies. (Of course I will be just be booking an AA F award so I do not fly B6 always).