FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation for passengers affected by January 2014 winter storm
Old Jan 8, 2014, 6:26 am
RickStevesWannabe

Programs: UA, ANA, BA
Originally Posted by tkyoshi
How long did you wait, this reporter waited 12 Hrs for UA to pickup the phone (UA site wasn't working either) :P

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/unite...IJURlCwHA.html
Wow. That's a doozy. That was exactly what Jetblue was trying to avoid by getting rid of the hold queue. But its VERY annoying to not have a point of contact to correct the issues. And it doesn't help that the Jetblue mobile App sucks and glitches like crazy.

Here's my Jetblue story:

Our flight was scheduled to leave at around 7pm Sunday evening. I knew there were going to be delays or cancellations so I checked the website constantly. They kept pushing back the flight every 30 minutes or so multiple times until it stuck on 330am departure. I wouldn't leave for the airport until I knew the inbound flight left JFK. once it did, I left. (Was on the phone with JB going over options and the person recommended that I stick with the current flight) However, once we got there and boarded, the plane left the gate and right when it was about to go off towards the runway, it turned back to the gate! They said they missed the curfew time by 5 MINUTES. The Captain was very apologetic but everyone was PISSED. How the hell can JB send a crew that's about to time out?? Why not cancel the flight outright before having to drag customers through a 7 hour delay??? The worst thing about that is that you CAN'T sleep since you're watching when your flight is supposed to leave. No time to rest.

Anyways, it took hours to get everyone a hotel, a hotel most of the flight would only stay in a few hours since we got our rooms at 830am. Checked out at 12 and headed back out to the airport (Only 1 hour of sleep... ugh). But before then they treated everyone to a nice catered Lunch on the top of the Pegasus hotel. As the same crew walked toward the gate past us, we gave them a standing ovation since we knew, quite possibly, this would be the flight that gets off the ground.

I was stuck in Kingston for over a day with one cancellation. Just one. I must have had an aggregate of 10 hours worth of delays. To avoid having to cancel flights en mass before yesterday, they dragged the departure times for my flights. That was unacceptable. However, the Jetblue staff tried their best to help everyone, even though at first things seemed a little disorganized at times. That's why I won't count out JetBlue just yet as their staff is the airline's saving grace. But they have to do something about their operations during disruptions. I went through that nonsense in 07 and it wasn't fun.