FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone dropping AS for DL?
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2014, 2:56 am
gigglesbugg

Programs: AS MVP Gold, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by davew-krdm
I did the reverse and came back to AS from DL. I have been a Platinum on DL for the past 2 years, prior to that a 75K or Gold for 5 years prior on AS.

The steady erosion of SkyMiles, which never had good redemption rates to begin with, plus the addition of MQDs, plus a variety of monetization schemes and cutbacks (far more than the AS "South of Expected" wave of a couple of years ago) weighed in the decision. But the single biggest factor was the waived change fee for AS Golds. Have you seen the ridiculous SDC policies at DL that were recently enacted?

Like others I do prefer the DL BE product to AS F. But with the move to "want F, pay for F" at DL, I was upgrading less and less. I'm guessing that y'all know that SEA-JFK is not even eligible for upgrades at all any more on DL.

So, I'm back. I'll likely fly DL a few times this year - still PM until 2/2015. But most of my business is going to AS, including already booked trips to BOS.

Dave
Interesting. I think 75k is very doable for me. Never tried very hard on AS, but I was only 5k short last year. And I do lose a lot of miles on AF and China Airlines, etc. Big deciding factor right here. I would keep AS if it weren't for this, plus the fact that I fly a lot more miles and segments on DL. I hardly ever travel domestically for work.